Tuesday, April 10, 2012

friends are like pancakes

No, no they're not. I just didn't know what to put as a title.
Made these last week: Oatmeal pancakes! Yum.



My friend Jodie introduced me to this site Mel's Kitchen Cafe, and I love it.
I made the pancake mix, which was perfect timing since I just ran out of Bisquick. Earlier in the week I used the rest of the box of Bisquick to make lotsa pancakes - we ate some that morning before school, then I froze the rest - freezing pancakes is SO smart! What an EASY and quick breakfast - we would pull out three pancakes, plop it on a paper plate and microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, and top it with either maple syrup or jelly (reduced sugar Smuckers, that's one of my faves - Or Fresh and Easy brand apricot preserves).
So when Andrea called one morning and mentioned waffles, I thought of pancakes and during our 45 minutes conversation, I got going on the oatmeal pancakes Jodie had suggested.
Yum. Now I have a ziploc bag full of the mix, and I used two cups of the mix, mixed with 2 cups buttermilk (I think this is the first time I've ever bought buttermilk!) and two eggs, (and I added a little vanilla extract) and Jack and I LOVED them! We ate some of the pancakes, I probably got about 24 palm-sized pancakes out of the 2 cups of mix, and we froze the rest and ate them on busy morning for the next week!
So, thanks friends, for being the inspiration for me to prep some breakfasts around here!

Photobucket

No comments: