Thursday, March 29, 2012

knock knock

What is it about my neighborhood that begs people to park, and walk around my neighborhood, and then ring my doorbell and knock on my door trying to sell me stuff or tell me stuff? If I were better at saying NO, or no thankyou, I wouldn't have had to be "one of those" people today and hand write a "no solicitors" note for my door. (They acknowledged my request by the way, and did NOT knock or ring doorbell, and I only snuck the sign on when I realized they were walking to my NEXT DOOR neighbor's house!)
I really don't like strangers ringing my door bell!!!!! But I'm that girl who lets the telemarketer talk for a minute, just so that in case his/her supervisor is walking by, it sounds good. I have a TINY bit of something inside that wants to let them tell me what they want to sell me at my front door, but the other side overpowers it, and I really end up feeling like "if i wanted that, I'd go to the store for it!" I hate to cut people off too quick when they call or come to solicit my business. But I really don't enjoy them doing it!
On the same note, for some reason I don't like my gardeners to know I'm home. I like them, a lot. They are wonderful and my yard is the best. But I feel like how I imagine I'd feel if I were home when a cleaning lady walked in, if I ever had a cleaning lady. If the gardeners see me, I feel compelled to say something like "Thanks for doing what we're too lazy to do - I know, I shoulda picked up those kid toys in the backyard. I know, I shoulda planted that thing I bought and left in that store pot. I know, I should really enjoy my back yard more, and not let my kids put their CapriSun trash on my patio table and chairs." I've never said all that to them. I just try to keep out of their way. So instead, I sheepishly pretend to not be home, and listen to the sweet hum of their weed wackers and lawn mowers. They probably prefer that, too, right? They dont' want me out there micromanaging them.
Do I spy on them a little? Maybe a little. I think they're fascinating how they have it down to a science! He's on the front lawn, he's on the back - this one's on a water break, this one is in charge of doing the nice noble deed of bringing my trash cans back in from the street! What a nice bonus! I like them.
Oh awesome, as I'm spying, I notice they've got the hedge trimmers out! When I see my house next from outside, it will feel like it got a haircut. And the kids will undoubtedly comment on how clean cut the house looks, and how it smells like grass.
I like Thursdays.
Lucky likes fresh cut grass, too.
Photobucket

2 comments:

~ Kaah Benson ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~ Kaah Benson ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.