Thursday, August 23, 2012

naming humans is fun


Pioneer Woman's recent blog got me thinking about my own choices for baby names - I'm not pregnant. I probably won't ever be again, and that's okay, but when the people around you continue to have babies, or start to have their first babies, and then you look at your babies and the youngest of your litter is 5, you get a little jolt of wanting another baby. By you, I mean I.

Anyway, PW made two little blog posts about her favorite baby names right now.
My sister in law will have a baby boy Kaden in a few months. My other sister in law is pregnant but it's fairly early, so we'll see what they decide. My older sister got to name 8 different humans - she's so lucky, that's a lot of naming, she could have run out! I got to name 3, and I do think it's a fun job!

So, other than the first names of MY kids and their middle names, Mae, Michael and Elise, which I think are wonderful and perfect and my favorites forever, here are my current favorite names that would be in the running if I found myself in a situation where I'd be needing to name another human:

Girls (always way easier for me):
Indiana ( so I could call her "Indy")
Heidi
Marnie
Marcie
Bridget (so I could call her "Gidget," of course)
Holly
Jenna
Claudia (so I could call her "Cloudy," of course)

Boys:
Russell (so I could call him "Rush," of course)
Vaughn
Walker (even though that sounds horrible with our last name)
Cole
Reid
Grant

And that finishes the lamest post I've ever written. Thanks PW. Why am I even thinking about this?

Because names are fun. And even though my kids think their names should be changed to Helen, Heidi and Jake, I think I did a pretty good job on theirs. They seem to fit them perfectly. :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

crazyboii1234 said...

excuse me, I was wondering if people can buy your blog on blogger.com or you have to create your on blog under your name. id be very thankful if you respond back

crazyboii1234 said...

I think jessy is a good name :)