Wednesday, July 13, 2011

window shopping - i'm okay with that

Oh how I love this store - Pier 1 Imports used to be the place I stopped EVERY time I had to buy someone (an adult) a birthday present. I was telling my kids this today as we walked in, just to browse. So cute, too, because my girls have "mom lingo" down so well! A woman asked if we were finding everything okay and Sidney said "oh, we're just looking." Said just like a grownup, it was so cute. Made me realize how much they copy me! (Scary thought, but cute at the moment.) So we walked around the store oohing and ahhhing, all THREE of my kids LOVED it in there, and it made me realize how much I LOVE this store! My reason for bringing them in? Well, we were a few shops down at PetSmart (which is like a mini zoo visit for my kids - 45 minutes we were there today, looking at and naming their animals!) and when we were finished, I wasn't wanting to get into the car yet, so I spotted Pier 1 and explained to my good shoppers how this store is SO cool because they have stuff from all over the world (do they really? I didn't look to make sure it's all not just from China, but I assume they have all sorts of stuff from all over the world, because it sure seems like it!). My girls, who LOVE to find treasures from around the world, just LOVED this store! So here are a few of our favorite finds!

very cute frame from Pier 1
  Yes, that would look cute in my house. But I didn't buy it. I didn't buy ANYTHING, for which I'm pretty proud of myself!



cute beach bag/handbag from Pier 1
Seeing embellishments on pillows and purses like this makes me want to run home and sew. I didn't. I came home and cleaned. Then maybe I'll sew.

It's like they found treasure...giant utensils at Pier 1.
OH they were SO excited to find these forks and knives and spoons for GIANTS, and so much more excited when I actually let them TOUCH something in the store!


huge fork from Pier 1

huge knife from Pier 1 Imports
 Look at that happiness! One of her few times handling a knife by herself!
red clock from Pier 1 Imports
After looking up red accents for kitchen for pinterest boards, seeing this in person today was kinda cool. What a pretty clock! It's HUGE! (not as huge as the forks and stuff, though)
 
bird salt and pepper shakers from Pier 1 Imports, just $3 for the set!

I'm obsessed with birdies, as noted previously on this blog, so I LOVED this little salt and pepper set, but I DIDN'T BUY IT! Now THESE are the items I get home and get mad at myself for not buying, but honestly, I told myself and the girls we weren't buying ANYTHING TODAY THAT WASN'T NEEDED. I need to reassess what I consider needs. :)
beautiful red flower rug from Pier 1
Eventually, when and if I ever do get a wood floor, this is the rug I WOULD LOVE on top of it - this red flower rug was so pretty, so soft, and the layers actually kind of build and get higher off the floor - just by a little, it wouldn't trip you, but it's noticeable to the eye, and just beautiful. My husband would never go for it. But I love it.

And there's my dreamy wishlist from Pier 1 Imports. What a good day. And my kids didn't break a thing, or whine when we left with nothing. Now that's really something.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am VERY impressed that you didn't buy anything as there are so many little, non-expensive things that are so tempting there. :) Glad you could enjoy just window shopping. :)