Saturday, January 08, 2011

pantry organization - you know, really interesting stuff

This isn't my pantry. It's a pantry from Real Simple.

It just made me laugh. Because this week one of my mental list tasks was to tackle the pantry. Two youngest think that place is like a secret hideout for their "club." I started seeing lots of messes in there and realized it was pretty nasty, then I realized it has the same flooring as my kitchen. I mop my kitchen floor, but not my pantry floor. That's just not fair, so I had to completely empty it, mop it, then put it all back. I was going to take a picture of my clean pantry, but who wants to see that, and that's kinda personal. Then you will know what I eat, and how much, and that's weird. I want to keep the Doritos and Cheetos hidden and pretend I don't eat those.

After I did so, I looked up "organize pantry" because I wanted to see what "experts" say about what to put in there....and I love to see pictures of organized stuff because then I think "I can do that."  That's how and why I do most things I do - I see someone else do it, and I think "I can do that too." And then that's why my blog name is MessyJessy, because the more I want to dabble in, the bigger the mess.
Back to the pantry. This picture cracked me up because I did recently copy a friend of mine - she has a shoe organizer on the inside of a closet door and keeps her kids shoes in it downstairs so it's easier to find them when they leave the house. Done. Copied that one. LOVE it. AND I managed to find a super cute shoe organizer at Target.
But a shoe-ish organizer in my pantry? You know what I would fill those pockets up with? CHOCOLATE.
So I won't copy this idea.

No comments: