Tuesday, April 10, 2012

the "thankster" sandwich

My new favorite sandwich is a perfect mashup of Thanksgiving and Easter.
 Costco Croissants (yum) plus sliced turkey, canned jelled cranberry stuff, avocadoes and alfalfa sprouts - with a little bit of mayo in there.
 This was part of our feast on the Saturday before Easter, when we had my side of the family over. Bobby and I ate a similar sandwich recently at a sports bar - yes, a sports bar with EXCEPTIONAL food - only the croissant I had that time had some bree in it, too. We nixed the bree for this one. I don't think it needs it!
You know how it is, trying to figure out your menu for when lots of people are coming, but it's lunch time, and maybe the BBQ isn't the best idea because the kids will be playing right near it (and you want to hide some easter eggs IN it) - so we came up with this idea thinking all the kids would eat it, too. They did, once I called it "donut bread" and took out the cranberry and avocado and spouts, and added some cheddar. Then it was just a turkey and cheese sandwich, but on a croissant, it was still a masterpiece.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This sandwich looks might fine. However I think ANYTHING would be good on those Costco heavenly pastries. :)