Thursday, August 18, 2011

the big 1-0

Really? Really Nini-bug? You're TEN? TEN years old? Are we sure?
If you're ten, Nini, then how in the world do I still see THIS so clearly in my memory, as if you're going to walk (or crawl) downstairs and look like this:
And how can I still feel and remember every detail of THIS day as if it were a week ago:
And how can my brain be HEARING the sweet little voice that was talking to me at this moment as if it were yesterday?
And how can it be that this photo was taken 9 birthdays ago? At your first birthday, the best birthday bash ever, with more than 80 people there to celebrate you? How does it feel like I just planned and pulled off that wonderful little hoedown?
And then you wake up in the morning, and shoot me this adorable little face and I remember, you're a big girl!
You with your shiny hair and light-up eyes, and words that spill out hundreds per minute about any and all subjects that interest you.  It all happens too fast, so fast. When you were little, I couldn't wait for us to be able to talk about what was going on in that wonderful brain of yours. Now I know, and I'm fascinated by it daily, and I am so lucky to get to wake up every morning to hear what glorious things you've thought up next!
Here's Sid opening up her lava lamp - a big deal around here. She's wanted one FOREVER. I have to admit, I have spent a few pretty long moments staring at this lava lamp..it's pretty awesome and very calming.
I can't believe her birthday was ALSO her first day of fourth grade. Fourth grade was one of my BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE - my teacher, Mr. Soderholm, was a huge part of that. I hope hers is just as wonderful.
 And then here she is meeting her new Fijit friend. Yes, these are supposed to be all the rage for Christmas season this year - we love it. And I just die with laughter every time I hear Sidney trying to converse with this robotic friend on such a high level of speech....Sidney, remember this little Willa Fijit ONLY recognizes certain phrases like "dance with me" or "chat with me" or "yes" or "Yeah" or "Okay." Sidney - WIlla does NOT recognize things like "well, let me think about it" or "I already answered that, Willa" or "Uh, I'm not sure, I don't know, I'll get back to you." But it sure is cute listening to her try!


 Happy Birthday sweet girl.

Photobucket

No comments: