Friday, May 11, 2012

my mutti

I had about 34 hours of quality time with my mom recently and I loved every minute of it. We headed to Vegas in the same car to celebrate my little sister Sophie's 21st birthday. My mom cracks me up, talks about anything, listens, and is just funny and sweet.
When we got to the hotel room she and I shared, we unpacked and I noticed something kinda funny. I NEVER do this, but I folded my clothes on my bed just to be sure that I'd find them later that evening.

 She had done the same thing on her bed! Oh my goodness, I'm turning into my mom!
Two peas in a pod.
I don't even think my mom ever consciously taught me to do that. I never knew she did it. But I just thought that was too cute.

 Here she is. I call her Mutti (moo-tee) because she is German, I've told you that before. :)
 Here we are, in our room, before the partying got started, and I must say, my Mutti and I held up pretty well.
I like to take photos, I've told you that before, too. So I posed her in front of this window and shot a few. She is so cute. Then I handed her my camera. She took this picture:

and then she said "oh you look so small and far away."
Then she started to crack up. A lot. And then she showed me why I looked so far away and small. She was looking through the wrong hole on my camera...she wasn't looking through the viewfinder as she should have been, she put her eyeball in between the flash and the camera, that little opening up there toward the top.

That made us crack up. And I'm pretty sure we didn't stop cracking up all night long.
Mutti, I'm not so small or far away! I'm right here! I love being this close to you!
Photobucket

1 comment:

jaanki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.