Tuesday, April 24, 2012

pets and lenses


Sidney really wanted to use my camera and put a picture on my blog, so we got home from school and this is what she set up. She then took a picture with my camera and it's zoom lens.
 Then Alyssa decided Sidney needed to be in the picture, so Alyssa had me change the lens to my 18-55 mm lens (the one it came with), and she took this shot.

At some point while Alyssa had the camera, this happened to the lens:

 are you seeing that? The crookedness of the top of the lens?
Alyssa brought the camera back to me in minutes and said "it stopped taking pictures!" I looked at it, tried to extend or retract the lens, and it wouldn't budge. So I knew it had been jammed - someone had bumped it up against something. And then I looked at Alyssa's face. She felt very bad. How can you be upset with this face? Even if it did bonk your camera lens and possibly break it?

But, the great news is that even though she was worried, I was able to fix it. How? By RE-Bonking it onto the desk. Seriously, I probably hit that thing, headfirst, into my computer desk about five times, trying to illustrate to Alyssa just how hard she'd have to hit it to make it look like that (because I thought it was toast and figured I'd be buying a new one!). I banged it against the desk a few times, and all of the sudden, it straightened out and I put it back on my camera, and the photo of Alyssa above, looking worried, is the first photo I took with the "fixed" lens. I did it the cowboy way! Alyssa was relieved, I felt awesome, and here's how relieved she looked once we saw it was taking photos again:

Oh the daily dramas. And oh, how sweet relief feels.
Photobucket

No comments: