Saturday, July 30, 2011

teeny critters

my kids are all big fans of creatures. I have to give Sidney a lot of credit for that, though, because without her being fearless when it comes to animals and bugs (because she researches and has no invalid fears, like her mom does!) I think I'd be a bad influence on my other two kids and they'd fear all sorts of little critters.
Lately, these are some of the creatures we've enjoyed - watching my KIDS enjoy these wonderful creations is what makes me happy, not handling them myself. I'm not super wimpy, but I'm close.

This little tiny lizard was so sweet, to let all three of my kids hold it and play with it (and I'm sure one of them squished it a little) but it was so sweet and kind to them, as if it enjoyed it. THEY LOVED IT. Thanks, baby lizard. You held my kids' collective attention for more than 30 minutes without any arguing!




Tonight, during poker night, my mom sends me the strangest text....it said something like "i have some caterpillars for your kids, can I bring them by?" Uh, sure mom! Wow, does she know my kids well! (I think they're love for insects and animals is directly linked genetically to her, by the way) These are the tomato caterpillars she brought, at least I think that's what they're called. Since my kids are experts at hatching insect eggs and raising baby insects, or butterflies, or moths, they're the perfect candidates for these guys! I do NOT have these here at my house, but my mom and dad (only 3.5 miles away) have tons of them! So she brought over two. They're at least three inches long, and fat, and so cool to watch! Along with the leaves she brought for them, the girls spotted a small circle of tiny insect eggs! So excited to see what they'll turn into!


We are certainly delighted and fascinated with God's creations lately.
Photobucket

No comments: