Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who & What & I Don't Know

No secret - we are a baseball loving family and we all come from long lines of baseball loving families.
But the level of love my dad, father in law and husband have for the game is sometimes overwhelming. My dad can tell me a 6 to 16-minute version of an entire game my nephew played in, with every single out, play, call and sniffle - and at the end, I'm lost. Did you win or lose? That thing you said Miah did, was that good or bad?
My husband does the same thing when explaining something happening in a Dodger game. My mind just isn't sophisticated enough to SEE the game the way you're explaining it, boys. Give me a number, a score, and tell me if the player was happy, sad, or if he's going to get fired for dropping that ball. That's what I care about.
But anyway, there's been a lot of baseball analogies and baseball talk my whole life, so the whole "Who's on first" routine sounds very familiar to me. I admit, however, I have never seen the Abbot and Costello routine until this morning as I watched it with my dad and my girls at the kitchen table before they left for school (they were late, because of this video, too!).
I also haven't seen Star Wars. Yes, I am an American. I've just never sat and watched them.
Okay, but in case you haven't seen the "Who's on first" thing, here it is. My girls loved it. I admit, I loved it. It really is very witty - I guess wit and humor have been around a long time!


Jump to about 1:00 for it to really start in on the Who's On First stuff.
Enjoy, and play ball.
Oh, and Go Dodgers.

No comments: