Friday, March 18, 2011

What I'm making

The house smells DELICIOUS, because right now, yes, in the middle of the day, I am baking a double batch of Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes. I have made it before, but never with turkey. I've used this recipe with beef and made a more tradional meat loaf. But tonight, it's turkey. I am getting excited, because the way the house smells right now, this is how Giada lives every day of her life? With this scent and others like it floating through the air she inhabits? Awesome. If you want to check it out, here's the link.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-meatloaf-with-feta-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html
I got the recipe from Andrea - she makes it all the time, and when I made it with beef she continued to urge me "make it with TURKEY" and inside she was probably adding "YOU IDIOT" at the end of that demand! Finally, I am. I'll have to upload a pic once it's done.
Why cook it now, you ask? When it's not even 2 p.m.? Because the crazy calendar that I live under prescribes that today I will have to run in and out of the house so many times between two sports, three kids, and one school, that I'd rather make it now and reheat it later tonight! What is it about meatloaf that makes it that much better as a leftover? That's an amazing trait.

No comments: