Sunday, July 01, 2012

what would I have done?

I had a big job this week of putting lots of photos on my external hard drive. I don't know what happened, or how, or when, but yesterday when I looked for specific photos from last month, which should have simply been in the "June2012" folder on my external hard drive, that folder didn't exist. I panicked a little. Then I looked for June2011 and that didn't exist either. Every folder that had the year 2011 or 2012 in the title was gone. That's two years of photos. And if you know me at all, I take a LOT of photos. In the folder where some folders were missing, there are a total of more than 117,000 photos. With at least a third or more missing, I could have lost tens of thousands of photos.
Two years. Two years ago my kids were 3, 6 and 8. Imagine the things that have happened since they were that age. School things. Summer things. Holiday things. Silly things. Candid things. Planned things. My heart ached.
But today my sweet friend Andrea's husband FIXED IT FOR ME! Over the phone! What he had me do took HOURS (of the computer sounding like it was going to take off like a helicopter) but it was the kind of computer stuff I could walk away from, I just let it sit there and fix itself for hours....literally - from 9:30 a.m. to about 2:45 p.m. - that's how long it took for the computer to repair whatever happened to this 750 GB hard drive! Yikes.
I had tried all I could do without wanting to mess anything up more, and I needed JP. He came through and it feels SO good to see those two years of photos back in my list of folders. Ahhhh. HUGE sigh of relief. JP will surely have plenty of hugs coming his way when I see him this week.
So once the folders were in existence again, I had to look through the pictures of what could have been lost. What would I have done without these?





I would have been so sad.

Thanks JP. You're the biggest, most helpful nerd on the planet. I am so grateful that my best friend married YOU. What if she had married some guy that I had no use for at all?
Photobucket

No comments: