Sunday, June 03, 2012

i wonder

Every once in a while I say something and after it's come out of my mouth I wonder, "has anyone else ever said those exact words?" Of course, they probably have, but at the moment the phrase seems so strange.
Like today in the car, when I realized the kids had rolled their windows down, we were almost home, and I figured I'd go ahead and use all four controls there at my fingertips and roll up all the windows.....and suddenly, a scream. And I looked, and had to say "Sidney, I'm so sorry I just rolled your head up in the window!"
She was fine, first of all. Scared, but fine. In a second we were laughing.
But yes, it appears that as soon as we got off the freeway, she had stuck her head out the window like a little doggy would. I have never seen her do that. But she did. And since I'd never expect any of my kids would be doing that, especially from the back seat where the windows don't even roll down all the way, because of the rear wheel well in my Tahoe.
Anyway, that was just one.
Years ago I said another thing and wondered "has anyone EVER said this?"
And it was: "Please stop poking baby Jesus in the eye."
Yup. That time Alyssa was playing with a music box at Christmas time and every time the manger scene made a rotation, she'd poke her three-year-old finger in the manger and say "I POKE baby Jesus in the eye...I POKE baby Jesus in the eye." It was strange. Even thought it was sorta cute and she was saying it in an adorable way, I had to put a halt to it.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mama Steff said...

"Please stop licking the dog."

Jessy said...

Steff, that's a good one. I know I have never said that one.