Thursday, January 13, 2011

a real friend in my too-real house

I contemplated taking a picture, but then I thought I'd kick myself tomorrow...and maybe receive a kick from another adult that lives here, too.
Wow, today I woke up from a busy week behind me, and a busy day ahead of me, and I looked around to see an utter mess. In the middle of that mess, with no time to clean what was already done, I had to do some tweaking on our aquarium, so that just added to the mess. Then after making a mess, I had to leave - for a few hours. Then I returned to the mess, knowing a friend, who had some stuff for me in her car, was on her way to my mess to drop it off.
Oh messy messyness.
I didn't want to let her in, but I did. She's the kind of friend I can let into my mess. Some friends I could not and would never.
But this one, I can let in.
For that I'm so grateful.
We'll see if she remains my friend after seeing that mess...that's a good test! She tried to act like maybe her house gets somewhere near what can be considered 'messy' sometimes too, but I know the truth - she's of the organizational clan that my husband belongs to, so I don't believe her.
I think, as she was here in my mess, I even smelled something out of the ordinary. Yes, it was that gross. That kind of gross happens when you are running around with unexpected crazyness and busy-ness and only have time to drop off your mess (and the mess of your children) only to leave it again in a few minutes!
It's all better now. Come on over. Seriously, it's better. Even the fish are happy in their unmessy aquarium. I refuse to live in more of a mess than my fish, who swim in their own you-know-what.
The lesson = when it's messy, just imagine your super organized friend will be over in a few minutes. That should whip you into shape.
Wait, that's not the lesson....the lesson is, find a friend who is cleaner than you, so you're motivated to clean your house, but that friend has to also be down to earth enough to visit your mess without you having a heart attack. That's the true lesson.
Thank God for good clean friends.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Funny girl! I'm loving that you're blogging again and I almost want to again. I would let you in my mess ;)

Jessy said...

I know Jenna! That is what I love about you! It's a compliment!
You can play in my mess anyday. :)
You'd better start blogging again, your tomato stand blog cracked me up for days......the dirt on the table, oh my!!!!